FSU Football | 1964 Doak Campbell Stadium
Images from 1964 Florida State University Football Handbook
The home of the Seminoles was expanded to over 40,000 seats in the summer of 1964, giving FSU a stadium large enough to accommodate the larger crowds resulting from a rapidly-growing student body and a progressively bigger home schedule.
Campbell Stadium was constructed in 1950, three years after Florida State fielded its first modern day football team. The open-end, steel structure is named for Dr. Doak S. Campbell, president of FSU from 1941 to 1957.
The original capacity of the stadium at the west end was 15,000 seats - it was enlarged in 1961 to 25,000. This year's expansion will enable the entire student body to sit on the east side and provides an improved lighting system.
Season tickets to all five home games are $22.50.